American Baptist College welcomes people with disabilities and, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, does not discriminate on the basis of disability. ABC emphasizes the education of the whole person, the importance of service and leadership, and the promotion of a more just society.
Disability Support Services
- Provide supplemental academic advising
- Assist students in developing self-advocacy skills
- Provide liaison and advocacy measures between students and faculty or staff
ABC is committed to creating an environment for students with learning disabilities by doing what the college can to remove obstacles to learning. In this spirit, the college attempts to provide students with reasonable accommodations needed to ensure equal access to learning.
All students with documented disabilities are eligible for service at ABC. Disability accommodations are arranged by notifying¬†the Student Success Office at 615-687-6891 or¬†email@example.com. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Student Success Office in a timely manner about his or her disability. Students may be required to provide documentation of the disability in order to provide suitable accommodations.
Students who believe they will need classroom accommodations to participate fully in the activities inherent in their academic programs at ABC should make those needs known as early as possible, preferably as soon as they have received notification of admittance into the college.
Requests should be made to Office of Student Success and must be accompanied by documentation of the student‚Äôs disability, including suggested accommodations, completed by an appropriate professional.
NOTE: The school does not provide diagnosis of learning disabilities, learning differences or educational therapies.
Services are provided on an individual basis according to documentation provided by the student, tailored to individual needs, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Notification letters to professors
- Quiet room in which to take examinations.
- Extended time for reading assignments.
- Extended time for examinations.
- In-class note taker. (Request is made in cooperation with professor.)
- Oral reader for exams.
- Preferred seating in the classroom.
Again, disability accommodations are arranged by notifying¬†the Student Success Office at 615-687-6891 or¬†firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Student Success Office in a timely manner about his or her disability. Students may be required to provide documentation of the disability in order to provide suitable accommodations.
American Baptist College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin.
IMPORTANT ‚Äď PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Requests for official transcripts can only be made by completing this form. Please fill out the form completely and do not¬†leave any blank responses. If something does not apply to you, please write “NA” (not applicable) in the blank. Each blank¬†must be filled or your request will not be processed. Any incorrect or missing information may cause a processing delay.¬†The transcript form can be mailed, faxed, or submitted in person. Allow five business days for processing¬†except during graduation or registration, at which time ten business days will be¬†needed for processing.¬†All transcripts will be mailed¬†to the address(es) indicated below. Transcripts will not be released to students that have any financial obligations to¬†American Baptist College.
The $10.00 fee per transcript payment can be made by cash (in person), check, credit/debit card.¬†To make a payment¬†over the phone using your credit/debit card please call the Business Office (615)687-6895.¬†DO NOT SEND CASH.
Library (Book Ordering)
1. If you are ordering books by charging them to your student account, you must order your books through the ABC Library Services. The book ordering process is very simple, but you must follow the instructions below. You will place your order using the following email address only:
2. Required books will be located in the Student Portal under course description. A book list will not be emailed to you. Please refer to the student portal or your course syllabus for book information.
3. If a book is required for your class, you will need the book for your class. Failure to purchase, rent or use a book is not an option. If you have difficulty with book ordering, please let your academic advisor know as soon as possible.
4. All inquiries must come from the abcnash.edu address.
5. E-book purchases and book rentals cannot be billed to student’s accounts. Students will need to purchase them on their own.
6. The primary option for book purchase will be Amazon Prime. If the Amazon Prime option is not available then books will be chosen from new or used based on your specification. If you do not specify used or new, a new book will be selected. Please keep in mind, used books usually take longer to receive.
7. Students will be responsible for returning unwanted material. The library staff will print the return label only.