Complete List of Accreditations
and Other Designations
American Baptist College is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) Commission on Accreditation (5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels. ABHE is a nationally approved agency by the U.S. Department of Education and is a recognized agency of the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), a private, nonprofit “umbrella organization” that coordinates accreditation activity of the voluntary accrediting agencies in the United States.
American Baptist College has been recognized by the U. S. Department of Education Â as one of the nationâ€™s Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs).Â The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, defines an HBCU as: â€śâ€¦any historically black college or university that was established prior to 1964, whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americansâ€¦â€ť
American Baptist College is listed as an approved institution of higher education by Â the following agencies and/or associations:
- The U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the training of Veterans.
- The U.S. Justice Department, Immigration and Naturalization Service for the training of foreign students.
- The Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation of the State of Tennessee, for the training of students with disabilities.
- Listed in the Directory of Post-Secondary Institutions published by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Listed as a Participating School in the Principles of Excellence Program, U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Listed as a Participating School in the U. S. Department of Defense, Voluntary Education Partnership, committed to the Memorandum of Understanding.
March 9, 2023
American Baptist College will be hosting a comprehensive accreditation visit by a team of evaluators from the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) April 10-14, 2023, to determine its compliance with the standards for accreditation. During the visit, representatives of the ABHE team will entertain comments from the public. Any members of the public interested in making a presentation regarding the College to the team should contact the College at the following telephone number (615-687-6925) or email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine a meeting time. Persons wishing to submit third party comments related to the institution may send them through the electronic form atÂ https://abhe.formstack.com/forms/3rd_party_comment, or emailÂ email@example.com, or mail ABHE Commission on Accreditation, 5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130, Orlando, FL 32822. Persons interested in reviewing the standards for accreditation will find them on the ABHE website atÂ abhe.org. They appear under Accreditation/Accreditation Documents/COA Manual. The institution is subject to the Institutional Accreditation Standards.