International students interested in attending American Baptist College should write, or call, the Office of Admissions for admissions procedures and application forms. The following is a list of procedures for international students.
- Submit an application for admission, with $40.00 non-refundable application fee (include medical form, three Student Recommendation forms, and an autobiography (300 words).
- Request the secondary school from which diploma was received, or in case of transfer, all colleges and universities attended, to forward an official transcript of grades to the Office of Admissions.
- English proficiency is required.
- Submit an Affidavit of Support Statement indicating the person who will pay tuition and fees. The statement must be notarized.
- Upon acceptance to American Baptist College, an applicant must deposit $11,522.00 (this amount is subject to change) with the American Baptist College Business Office. This deposit covers a yearâ€™s tuition, fees, books and housing. If the student does not enroll as scheduled, the deposit is refundable minus any processing cost, if the student requests a refund, in writing, within ninety (90) days after the close of registration. The student must pay tuition, room, and fees in full at the time of registration.
- An I-20 Form will be issued only to those applicants who are applying for F-1 status (no exceptions) and after the deposit has been received.
- A deposit of $100.00 is required if the student plans to live campus.
- All international students must have health and accident insurance coverage.
- The deadline for submission of application materials to the Admissions Office is November 1 for the Spring Semester of the following year, June 1 for the Fall semester of the same year.
Transfer Out Procedures
- Student should receive information (e.g., admissions letter) from the new school’s International Student Adviser, typically includes a SEVIS transfer form.
- Student informs ABC Registrar of intent to transfer which includes completing a departure form, submitting a copy of the admissions letter from transfer-In school and the SEVIS transfer form.
- ABC reserves the right to determine transfer eligibility (e.g., business office holds settled), after which completes transfer form, enters transfer request into SEVIS database, and sets the SEVIS release date.
- New School (“Transfer In” school) issues a new I-20 (F-1) on behalf of the student.